On 5/15/2019 8:06 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 4:45 AM Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org> wrote:

"Install Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5. SP1
(recommended by Microsoft. Note: later versions of the Windows SDK will
not work. AOO can not be built with MSVC 2010 or 2012 - MSVC 2008 is
needed and is found in the Windows 7 SDK)"

Both the links given for installing the software get "download no longer
available".

Since I have built many times on the machine in question that download
cannot be necessary. Since the instructions do not specify the files, it
is difficult to search for them.

That isn't good at all.

My 13 March 2018 email entitled "First steps in building with MSVC 14 /
Visual Studio 2015" described some of the work involved in using newer MSVC
versions to build AOO. That "Windows Kit" needs better integration into the
build and packaging, but I think it will limit us to Windows 7 and later
(the irony being that the open-source mingw[-w64] toolchain, which only
links to the primordial MSVCRT.DLL, could let us support even Windows 9x).

Hopefully we can also simplify the current situation with the many MSVCR*
versions we use in the process.

Get started and I'll catch up in a few weeks when I am more free?

I did find old SDK files I already had, probably what I was using before. Unfortunately, I am now getting

"error: .NET exception occured: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'cli_basetypes' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
File name: 'cli_basetypes'"

Since the build system is not my thing, I think I will wait until you have time to look at it. If my health then permits, I'll resume AOO activity.