Hi Andrea,

> Unless the discussion about this happened off-list, the SVN to Git
> migration resulted in breaking some tools without any plans to fix
> them. I'm listing the ones I found so far, and the course of action I
> propose for each. As usual, 72 hours for lazy consensus before acting
> (but I can take care of all I propose below).
>
> 1) Fisheye https://fisheye.apache.org/changelog/openoffice
>
> "We have an instance of Atlassian FishEye for source browsing,
> searching, reporting and visualization of main trunk (main development
> area)." (source.html)
>
> Proposal: link to Github https://github.com/apache/openoffice for the
> short term; when Opengrok is ready, link to it; tell Infra to
> explicitly kill the Fisheye instance. Or (if someone wants to take
> over since they do use Fisheye) ask Infra to link it to the new
> repository.
>
> 2) OpenGrok
>
> This is already dead. I know Peter has it on his radar but I think we
> only have the empty VM for the time being. So, no action pending
> restoration of the service, and when it is restored it will of course
> point to Git.
>
> 3) Open Hub tracker https://www.openhub.net/p/openoffice
>
> "Our SVN tree is read by the Open Hub tracker to generate some various
> statistics. Note that the migration from the legacy Mercurial
> repository to SVN at Apache has caused pre-existing files to be
> double-counted. But the contribution history should be intact."
> (source.html)
>
> Proposal: tell them to please stop tracking; their data have always
> been wrong anyway, as they were tracking the wrong branches. If
> someone still wants OpenOffice to be on OpenHub instead, please take
> over, find who the admins are in our PMC and ask them to put the new
> repository URL.
Yes, the data on OpenHub is totally outdated. Admins are Jim and Ariel.
I think we should close it down...

> 4) Bugzilla annotator
>
> Most of you should be aware that writing "#i123456#" in a commit log
> would automatically post that commit to Bugzilla as a comment for
> issue 123456. The magic is done by a Python bot running on the MWiki
> server and parsing SVN logs.
>
> Proposal: stop the Python script (obviously); if at least one other
> committer writes here that he thinks this feature is useful, I can
> modify the Python script to use Git and/or turn it into a Git hook;
> this may require substantial work.

Did it work since the move to the new VM? I have never tried since then...
However, it was a useful function and we could parse the logs on Gitbox
instead:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=openoffice.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/trunk

> 5) Devtools
>
> Our devtools are code and should have been included in the migration
> to Git. I didn't notice they were left out.
>
> Proposal: talk to Infra to see if we can easily add them retaining
> history, or just copy them over from SVN and push this to Git. We
> could discuss for ages where they belong to, but some of them are
> definitely related to the source tree and as first approximation I
> would move (i.e., "keep") them there.

Seems reasonable to me.

Regards,

   Matthias