> On Oct 1, 2019, at 11:18 AM, Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
> Am 01.10.19 um 19:31 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> Heads up that I’m starting to do the migration,
>>> Repos name must start with OpenOffice.
>
> thanks a lot for starting this beast of migration.
>
>>> I propose these:
>>>
>>> OpenOffice-DevWebsite
>>> OpenOffice-OrgWebsite
>
> May I ask you to use shorter names and all in lower case:
>
> ooo-dev-site
> ooo-org-site

The reason to use openoffice- is due to ease in finding the repositories on
GitHub and seeing that they belong to us (both Apache and the OpenOffice
project). It is not a big deal in SVN, but I think git differs due to a lot of
the automation that connects gitbox and GitHub.

Try this search:
https://github.com/apache?utf8=✓&q=openoffice&type=&language=

Or this page:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf
And then search on the page for “openoffice”

To use “ooo” will require Infra to make an exception in their whole logic
including matching of Apache LDAP roles to Github authorization groups.

I can ask, but I don’t think we need to be that special. I rather take their
time on supporting whatever we need in builedbot/jenkins.

Regards,
Dave