On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 19:40:49 +0100 (WEST)
Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi Rory
>
> > I can't answer that, but the 4.2.0 version I used until changing to 4.1.7,
> > for better compatibility with Forum users, was the May 22 version. I used
> > the DEB 64, running on Xubuntu 18.04.02 and later .03.
> >

> I tested that build as well under Ubuntu 18.04.3 x64 but I get too many
> errors (compared to 4.1.7) so I'm hoping this was a bad one and that a more
> recent build will be better :)
>
> Thanks!
> Pedro

Writer worked correctly for me, generating new files and editing exiting files.

My Calc use is merely a simple 12 sheet file, with 31 lines on each sheet, and
simple arithmetic, so that is not a valid test.

I was able to make and edit a 100 slide Impress file, complete with Notes, and
later minimise it.  Insertion of video clips did not work, but I didn't need
them.

I had some little instability with Impress, but tracked it down to
LanguageTool, which I would turn off for Impress editing.

As soon as Jim has new builds I'll try out the DEB 64.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>