Hi Don,

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 8:06 PM Don Lewis <truck...@apache.org> wrote:
> nss really needs to be updated.  Unfortunately very recent versions
> can't be built with some of the ancient compilers that we are stuck with
> (like the old version of Visual C++ that we use for 32-bit Windows
> builds), or at least not without an insane amount of patching.

Python 2 is going EOL on January 1 2020
https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/
https://pythonclock.org/

But Python 3 needs a more recent Visual Studio
https://devguide.python.org/setup/#windows
Unless AOO drops support for Python, updating the version of the
Windows compiler seems a priority, python clock is ticking.

> I don't know if gcc on CentOS 6 is also a problem.

It seems Jim was building 4.1.7 on CentOS 5 and 4.2 on 7

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Buenos Aires