Pedro Lino wrote:
I would love to be able to create an OpenOffice snap or even a flatpak for
Linux.

Just for the record, off the top of my head...

For testing we should just build the so-called "installed" package (you just unzip the tree and you are done).

I think I saw, ages ago, a graphical installer for Linux, written in Java; none of our current builds uses that approach (and honestly this seems a bit out of place in the Linux world) but the code might still be there. We are surely talking about OpenOffice 3.x if not even 2.x.

And yes, I would also consider a unified Linux version if they didn't invent a new "unified" way of doing Linux packages every year... But one of AppImage, Flatpak or Snap should be tried sooner or later, probably in this order. This is to be discussed separately anyway.

Regards,
  Andrea.