Am 23.05.20 um 19:01 schrieb Pedro Lino:
On May 23, 2020 5:43 PM Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
sorry we speak of Calc.

Am 23.05.20 um 18:43 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

I would like to change a setting and disable autoInput at default.

There are Complains on Bugzilla on other Issues,'and I recieved a
copmplained on chat.

I find this odd. This is a quite useful feature and it is ON by default in all
other spreadsheet software.

The fact that some people (how many?) complain doesn't mean a default that has
been used for years (and is useful) should be changed...

It is nothing that hurts, since user can switch it back on again.

The logic goes the same way for people who want it off...

And we can think on better ways in the future. I hope it is something
easy to change so I propose this.

Is there opposition?

As a daily user of Calc, I think it does not make sense to change this de facto
standard behaviour...

+1
Before doing a change, we should think twice and take also into account what the opposite means.

In this case - even when there would be a dozen complains - it is really still a minority.

Marcus