On 21 Oct, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> OK... so $shift is a number then, or should be? But sometimes $shift
> is simply blank. And we want a black $shift to be evaluated as 0. So
> if all that is correct, could we use number($shift)>0 ?

The input file that generates the header doesn't specifiy $shift in
all cases, so I assume that $shift is treated as an empty string.

Something I thought would work was test="$shift" since either an empty
string or a zero in a boolean context should evaluate to false, but for
some reason it did not work.

I didn't stumble across number() in my reading.  I don't know what
number() would do in this situation.

> I'm thinking this isn't the problem though with the failures :/

Yeah, I think it's probably something else that went in at the same time,
and I think also that build OS vs. deployment OS is part of the mix.