Am 25.10.20 um 12:13 schrieb Stéphane Tergiman:

Hi Stéphane,

thanks for your interest in Apache OpenOffice.

- is it free to install open office ?

Yes, there is no license fee or any other costs that you have pay. Also we don't want any registration data from you.

- if so can you give me a link to do so ?

Please make sure that you download software always from its original source. OpenOffice can be downloaded from here:

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

- should I install open office before or after updating my mac book pro ?

I'm not a expert for Mac hardware and software. However, it's always good to have a current and solid base before building anything on top; regardless if it's about computer or building a house. ;-)

I hope this helps you.

Marcus