On 28.12.20 15:40, Marcus wrote:
Am 28.12.20 um 14:13 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

On 28.12.20 13:17, Jim Jagielski wrote:
Playing devil's advocate here: does it make sense to actually post a blog
article about this and then, maybe a week later, have the article
moot with the actual release?

Yes I think it is worth it and we should train to do such things more often.

First of all we prepare our community on the patch. It will be the first time that we tell them what we did and why.

The second benefitial point is we will set a expectation. Currently it is still fuzzy one, but people will be looking for an update more frequently, so if we deliver a week later that would be awesome.

On third:  In the blogpost is we invite for testing. So maybe m,ore people will show up to look at the Release Candidate.

but then we shouldn't forget to mention the download location of the RCs. Only then more people can help to test.

Marcus
We would then only learn of it if people run into issues. I rather have them write a short mail to dev list, as I have suggested it in the proposal.

My last pro argument is we need also to link other channels to the blog post. On facebook it takes some days untill a post reaches the people.

So in case we extend the range it would be great. Just as a reminder, we usually do not say anything, and people are used that the dev team works more behind the scene.

Maybe it is better to address the issue with the release announcement...?