Hello Marcus,

On Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 05:57:56PM +0100, Marcus wrote:

> Am 04.01.21 um 16:27 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> > On Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 04:03:35PM +0100, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
> >
> > > first of all, thank you to Mechtilde, Carl, and Jim.
> > >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I am trying to re-organize the page to make the official release
> > > builders clear, and hopefully leaving the appropriate space for
> > > further contributions.
> > >
> > > Link for a quicker click:
> > > https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
> >
> > I am done with the re-organization.  If there are no heavy criticism
> > against the current structure, we could add other distributions as
> > sub-chapters. Ubuntu 16.04 is already there as a draft.
>
> yes please, otherwise the page will be longer and longer and ... ;-)
>
> > I am open to criticism and/or suggestions on what else to add.
>
> Is it possible to start with a general page? Then it can introduce the build
> system a bit

I second Keith's opinion: this should be the purpose of the building
guide itself.

> and the instructions for every distribution has its own
> sub-page.
> I think this would give a better structure to the whole.

I mentioned "sub-chapters" but I understand you would better like to
have "sub-pages"? That sounds nice...

If we wanted to make different sub-pages, I would just get rid of
Step_by_step [1] and substitute it with:
 - Step_by_step_Linux
 - Step_by_step_macOS
 - Step_by_step_Windows

Then, if we add lots of Linux distros, they will not bother Windows
and Mac users.

The new pages would be directly linked by the building guide. I don't
think it would be useful to keep Step_by_step [1] just as an index of
the other pages.

Did I understand your proposal correctly, Marcus?