Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your replies.

I'd be interested in helping with OpenOffice, but I'm also now using
LibreOffice, which I'm liking a lot: It's a lot smoother with using and
converting Word/docx files.

I've used OpenOffice for years, in parallel with Word, but I'm finally fed up
with Word.

I don't understand though: Are OpenOffice and LibreOffice run and written by
you all? The same people? Or is there some politics involved?

I'd like to help. I love the idea of an open source program/app. One of the IT
guys at the school where I now teach said they were talking about switching to
OpenOffice instead of using Microsoft: the big reason they didn't: many of the
science classes still need Microsoft Excel. If you can get something equal to
Excel, that would be a HUGE sell.

I myself am a writer and just need word processing.

Anyways, what is the deal between OpenOffice and LibreOffice?

Cheers,

John Yohe
www.johnyohe.com

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.