Hi Arrigo,

Am 22.02.21 um 19:28 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> Hello Matthias,
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 06:24:07PM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>
>> Hi Arrigo,
>>
>> Am 21.02.21 um 16:01 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> please help me review and finalize PR 122:
>>> https://github.com/apache/openoffice/pull/122
>>> as it should fix a top-priority AOO bug, and hopefully help us spot
>>> other similar problems in the future.
>>>
>>> Moreover, I would really like to merge PR 111:
>>> https://github.com/apache/openoffice/pull/111
>>> because I do work on openSUSE and I cannot build AOO without it.  I
>>> dare proposing it as a "Good Thing" for me, and a "Mostly Harmless"
>>> change for anyone else. FWIW I could build 4.1.9 for Linux on the
>>> CentOS 5 version in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions with that commit
>>> included.
>>>
>>> I'll be more than happy to answer anybody's concerns over both PR's
>>> either on GitHub, or on this list.
>> Yes, I am a bit puzzled that PRs are so neglected.
>> They are a great tool and can really speed up things.
>>
>> I have merged some of your PRs, but only those I could build and test
>> against the (fixed) problem.
> That's very kind of you.  And I did receive some comments from other
> people as well, that I appreciate.
>
> But can we establish a sort of ``emergency exit'' in the
> "commit-then-review" process, like ``if no-one comments a PR it could
> be merged in X time''? A sort of lazy consensus?
I am not sure, since I really can't evaluate the quality of the code
(old and new one).

> Personally, I would really like to see the development branches go
> "live" with nightly builds. I see lots of people available to report
> bugs and test fixes, and I cannot submit anything to them for testing,
> mostly because I cannot build Windows releases!

Regarding Windows builds:

We have nightly builds of trunk and weekly builds for AOO42X:

https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html

And you can always find my personal Test Builds here:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/

If you are interested in building for Windows, I would be happy to help
you with it.
After all these years, I am still the only one that does release builds
for Windows and is able to sign them. Just for redundancy it would be
great to have a second person available.

Regards,

   Matthias