Surely such an important document will have been backed up frequently, so just restore your most recent backup.

You don't have backups? Then your next hope is to try the suggestions for document recovery at https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056

On 21/5/21 6:57 pm, Colin KENTISH wrote:
Hello.  I was in the middle of typing my story yesterday noon when everything
suddenly went blank... and I lost everything.  This is terrible for me as all
the text was part of a book I am writing and involved years of research.
When this happend, a message from Open Office appeared on the screen saying
that Open Office had suffered a problem - but not to worry, all text would be
returned shortly.
Well, I am into the next day now - and NOTHING has been returned .
What are you going to do about it?
OPEN OFFICE TEXT
TITRE - KAPLAN odr
Auteur - ALAIN CARIOU

Please solve your problem right away - anf make sure you get my text back... I
reiterate, the text invlves years of work and research.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Sound Blaster Pro - A professional way to blow your ears