Hi Arrigo,

On 6/5/21 9:50 AM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
Dear Matthias, Czesław, All,

On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 12:39:16PM +0200, Matthias Seidel wrote:

Hi Czesław,

Am 05.06.21 um 12:35 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
Hi Matthias, all

A preliminary check in Calc (Windows 7, 64-bit)

(1) in-document links beginning with #
test: button with link to other sheet
result: OK (no security warning)

(2) .uno:XXX links
result: security warning

(3) Links to local files
test: the "Hyperlink" dialog, button "WWW Browser"
result: OK (no security warning)
That's what I expected, since the patches are for file://

.uno: hasn't been addressed yet

@Arrigo: correct me if I am wrong ;-)
You should have just become wrong ;-)

I found out that there are many checks on the URL protocol. I suggest
that the warning was not checked at the right moment, but too soon.

Because we had a report of unexpected _execution_ of malicious links,
I suggest we leave the safety check on hyperlinks _just before calling
the OS to execute them_.

The result is that HTTP, HTTPS, but also "uno:" and all other
protocols already understood by AOO are not checked, and no warnings
will appear. We could argue that their safety must be assured by the
code handling them, as we accepted to delegate the browser for
Internet links.

The latest commit, just pushed to branch bug128453, moves the check
for "safe extensions" (or directory) from the beginning of hyperlinks'
processing, to just before the execution of the link target by the OS.
The protocol is not checked any more, because supported protocols
are already filtered out and processed at that point.

This should make all links to non-files work again, and still warn
users when they are going to open JAR's, EXE's and other unknown
types.

What do you think about this?
I like your thinking on this.
I'll build this branch on Linux and test using some of the test documents and ones I've made to make sure I understand the different cases.
Then I'll report back.

Thanks again for your work on this!

Best regards,
Carl