On 30.06.21 20:17, Dave Fisher wrote:

On Jun 30, 2021, at 11:12 AM, Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

On 30.06.21 19:25, Dave Fisher wrote:
I like the look at https://openoffice-refresh.staged.apache.org/. Please review.
+1, maybe can we have some icons in front of a menu point? like the ASF feather
in front of the ASF?
The feather in front of “The ASF” is possible.

And maybe an indication which menu point we currently see. Maybe an arrow? (if you visit the
link and you click on General you would see a -> in front of the menu point
"About".)
I’m counting on bootstrap for the nav menus and I don’t think that is at all
easy. It would likely require keeping information about what menu a page is
part of in the page along with making sure that the page is on the menu.
I thought of something like this pseudocode:

if (window.location.href = this.dropdown-item.href) then this.css = "selected" else this.css = "unselected"?

Hmm, bummer seems not that easy.

So maybe something like:

const boxes = document....ui.dropdown-menu.show.querySelectorAll('#dropdown-item');

boxes.forEach(box => {
if (window.location.href = box.dropdown-item.href) then box.css = "selected" else box.css = "unselected"?

}

Well something along those lines. I really suck at JS, i just try to write something so you have a better Idea what I thought of. Could well (likely) be this is rubbish.

So for the pages I tried this approach seem to be pretty neat. Pages that are not listed on the menue, maybe it is the qwuestion where they belong, anyhow.

There were numerous tweaks needed. The current site did not catch the rename of
volunteer@ to recruitment@.

Unless there are objections I plan to squash & merge after I get the mobile
view better.
I tried earlier today on my phone and it did look promising already. The
Desktop does also look great.
Do you have an android phone, or iPhone?

I tried from an Android phone. Sony Xperia XA2 and now Samsung S8 to be exact. I use a Firefox browser.

Now I see a hamburger menu, nice. However the feather makes the menu look unaligned. it is great on the desktop.

I am not a gui developer so I am not sure what is state of the art on hamburger menus is, but i would intend the other menus, with the goal that the text starts always at same point.

I really like the fact that it incorporates the UI approach we are using.
Thanks!
Dave

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html