Hi Jim, hi Matthias,

I just saw your proposal to disable "Check for Updates" in the
preferences. Thanks for the hint.

I reinstalled OpenOffice 4.1.10, disabled "Check for Updates" and loaded
the document w/o any issues. When I then click on the "Ckeck now" button
in "Online Update" it immediately crashes.

So I think there is a bug in the Check For Updates function, but
disabling "Check for Updates" is a workaround allowing me to continue
with OpenOffice 4.1.10.

Regards Michael