On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:58:49 +0200
Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I received a mail from a user having difficulties importing MS Word
> documents to AOO.  Here is the text of the message :
> "I am having a problem displaying a C/D (that is formatted in Word) , but I
> have Apache Open Office installed on my Win.10 system. I would like to
> avoid  having to go through Google & I would like a free program".
> As I never import MS documents in AOO, I have no experience with such a
> problem. I'd like to know if somebody has an experience with the docx2odt
> converters available on the web.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
> --
> G. Waterval

I have no experience with docx conversions other than as handled by OpenOffice;
I have used and recommend the free online service of
www.zamzar.com
for assorted conversions to/from various file formats.
I think they also provide a pay service.

However, conversion to/from differing formats always carries an overhead of
some possible reformatting; how much of this is acceptable from any given
conversion process is a matter for the individual.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>