Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Keith,

Hi Matthias

Am 16.04.22 um 17:57 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Keith,

Am 16.04.22 um 00:30 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
Hi;
Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi,

Am 15.04.22 um 19:11 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
Hi Matthias;
Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Keith,

Am 15.04.22 um 18:45 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
When I try to install 4.1.12 RC1 I get an NSIS error Error
Launching
Installer.

Why? ;-)

en-US version? Did you check the download, this looks like a broken
binary.

Regards,

       Matthias

Yes en-US version. File verifies correctly against the .asc detached
signature, and the SHA256 and SHA512 hashes.

Installs without a problem for me on Windows 7...

NSIS complains about the Windows installer? Is it up to date on your
system?

As far as I know, yes. I removed Version 11 and it installed again
fine.

Interesting...

I never had a problem with updating to a newer version.
In fact this is what makes the installation via Microsoft Store so easy.

(But I remember that you did an administrative installation at one
time?)

Matthias

This was a straight install of the RC1 file from SVN over the released
4.1.11. It simply refuses to access the installer.I have been having
some wonky problems with this system for a bit. Definitely time to get
a knew one.

What I wanted to say, maybe you did an administrative install with
4.1.11? That *could* explain the problem when updating...

I installed it on 4 systems (Windows 7, 11 / VM, Bare Metal) without
problem. This sounds like your system is really "wonky".

The 4.1.11 instance was not an administrative install. I only do administrative installs for your test versions for QA.

To make it even more wonky, if I run the installer from my NAS drive it opens and appears to install, but it actually does not even unpack the cab file.

regards
Keith

It looks like I am going to be unable to do any QA work to be able to
vote on this release.

After 4.1.12 is installed now, just have a look if everything works as
expected... ;-)

Regards,

    Matthias

Regards