Replying to myself again...

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 10:03:54PM +0200, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:

> Replying to myself...
>
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 09:41:04PM +0200, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
>
> > Hello Damjan,
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 04:53:59AM +0200, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> [...]
> > > When I run your Linux binaries, I also get that error.
> > >
> > > One problem is libcurl -> openssl.
> > >
> > > "ldd ./libcurl.so" shows:
> > >     libssl.so.10 => not found
> > >     libcrypto.so.10 => not found
> [...]
> > >
> > > It connects and seems to begin the SSL negotiations, and then probably
> > > crashes while doing the verify_callback we set with SSL_CTX_set_verify().
> > >
> > > I suspect the Curl and/or OpenSSL headers used to build AOO, and their
> > > libraries available at runtime, are incompatible.
> > >
> > > What happens if you run AOO on the same machine it was built on?
> [...]
> > As I wrote above, according to your suspects, it may be worthwile to
> > bundle curl and openssl binaries. I will try to follow this path. It
> > should be a matter of parameters to the configure script.
>
> Curl and openssl are already bundled.
>
> But Curl is not using the openssl from AOO, but rather from the
> system. In other words, it does not honor the environment variable
> SYSTEM_OPENSSL=NO set by the AOO build system.
>
> Curl's configure script looks for the SSL headers and libraries either
> from pkgconfig or at a path provided with parameter --with-ssl
>
> We do not support pkgconfig inside the solver, so we have to rely on
> the path.
>
> But Curl's configure script expects to find a directory structure such as:
>  - $PREFIX/include/openssl
>  - $PREFIX/lib[64]
> whereas our $OUTDIR has openssl installed into different paths:
>  - $OUTDIR/inc/external/openssl
>  - $OUTDIR/lib
>
> I believe this means we have to patch Curl's configure script.

Not only. We also have to actually bundle libssl.so and libcrypto.so
because they are not!

This means we have to patch:

 - main/openssl/prj/d.lst to have them included into the solver;

 - scp2/source/ooo/file_library_ooo.scp to have their Unix names
 included.

This is a separate bug and will be worth its own pull request.

Comments are welcome.

Best regards,
--
Arrigo