Hi Carl

> On 07/15/2022 2:26 AM WEST Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:

> As it seems the AOO 4.1.13 RC1 vote may pass (hopefully soon ), I'm
> working on the announce email and blog post.
>
> Since the .openoffice user profile is not backward compatible with
> previous 4.1 versions for stored passwords, should we place a warning
> for users to back up up their user profileĀ  in the announce email, blog
> post, release notes, etc. or not necessary?

If we do mention it, we have to make perfectly clear that this will only affect
users that enabled the "Openoffice dialog" AND have set a "Master password".
These are two options that are NOT enabled by default so only advanced users
would use both.

That said, for those users, they have to realize that they MUST make a backup
before updating IF they intend to downgrade AOO at any point (which is also
something common users don't do...)

I hope such a warning is not confusing/worrying for common users...

Best,
Pedro