Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Peter,

Am 01.08.22 um 07:57 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
Hi all,

I had this morning some wired effects, during my work with AOO.

As soon as I have added a OLE Calc part through Copy&Paste (From
LibreOffice :-D ), I get performance issues including crashes.

Has anyone heard of performance issues in this constraint?

Check out the document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZScKadukzWfZGeJWsTEaGf1ORrLrmwGl/view?usp=sharing

I opened the document and could not reproduce a crash. I only get a slow
down when scrolling the OLE container.

I am not sure on the crash myself. AOO crashed when I tried to mark a lot of Rows within the writer table below the OLE object.

I initially connected both incidents because of the slow scrolling, and I thought this combines both.

So Dave did not get any Performance Issues, but you did. This is strange. I tried today again and I have again performance Issues.

Ass soon as the Ole Object is to be rendered, AOO behaves like it tries to deal with a lot of data.

I also use Ubuntu and my machine is definitely not powerful. ;-)

Well I just wanted to say I have enough power to handle everything.

BTW I am on KDE, but it may be that I have Gnome libaries installed. I am not sure if this goes into our GNOME issue tolls or is a general thing.

(And I totally agree that we should look into our Gnome implementation.)

Regards,

    Matthias

I am on Ubunutu 20.04. AOO is the 4.1.13 RC candidate.

My machine is an Intel I5, with 32GB, and SSD hard disk. (So recent
fast machine)

All the best

Peter