Hi all,

I had on the weekend a philosophical talk with a friend of mine. One Claim ha did in this discussion has been that (for whatever Reasons) not a lot of people have the trait of initiative. Having initiative is a special trait.

Since we suffer from the Issue that there are people who would like to help, but not show any signs of Intiative, I thought we should maybe discuss how we could empower programmers to work on Issues.

My friend suggested in the discussion that maybe it could work out that volunteers with initiative write what is to do in a specific case.

And then we look for someone to do the task. This might be inefficient at first. But maybe we can get people to volunteer by this method.

What do you think?  Does anyone have experience from other Projects?

And how much needxs to be layed out in order other volunteers look into it?

Any thoughts?

All the best

Peter