Yes, and bridges are specific to CPU, OS compiler version, and compiler
settings. Eg. Even on Win32, the legacy mingw compiler uses sjlj exception
handling, which is completely incompatible with MSVC's exception handling,
so a separate bridge is needed for each. We would likely need a
gcc_linux_arm64 bridge for the Pinebooks and Raspberry Pis,
msvc_win64_arm64 for Windows on ARM64,  and s5abi_macosx_arm64 for the new
Macs.

LLVM is permissively licensed and highly compatible with MSVC's exception
handling, and someone told me AOO successfully builds and runs with
LLVM-based mingw using our MSVC bridge, so the LLVM code could help us
complete our Win64 bridge.

What's your idea to get rid of the assembler code?