Hi Dave,

On 12/30/22 2:46 PM, Dave wrote:
So AOO is incapable of, or prohibited from, spawning an external process?

I'm fairly sure it can with a shell execute or something similar.

So an AOO extension is not really an option and the very long standing
problem of our users data being destroyed by this issue continues on
unresolved, because we don't THINK it can be done instead of finding a
way to get it done.

I was only questioning swapping profiles during a session which would happen if
launched from an extension.
I can see how an external program once launched from an extension or internal
command could then shutdown the office if needed to perform the tasks.
With a users permission of course :)

I just threw an idea into the pot for consideration, I never claimed it
was in anyway a perfect, or even workable solution.

I didn't mean to imply anything about your proposal.

Best regards,
Carl

Best Regards
Dave