Hi Pedro,

Am 05.10.23 um 16:32 schrieb Pedro Lino:
Hi Matthias, all

On 10/05/2023 2:23 PM WEST Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de> wrote:
   - Release AOO 4.1.15 before the end of 2023. Branch AOO41X is in good
condition, but personally I would like to have the "ugly UI" fixed on
some Linux distribution.
Agree. What ugly UI issues does 4.1.15 fix?

Until now it isn't fixed... ;-)

On my Ubuntu 22.04 AOO 4.1.14 falls back to a Windows 98-like UI.

Funny fact: The 4.1.15 builds from our buildbot (Ubuntu 18.04) look OK.

   - Start on removing the blocker_s_ for AOO 4.2.0 (in fact Damjan already
fixed two with one commit) with a release date 2024 in mind.
     Maybe we could release AOO420-dev5 to the public in early 2024?

Agree. Yes for dev5.

I expect a long testing phase for AOO 4.2.0 because of the new
translations, new code (in parts 10 years old, but never released to the
public) and expected problems with user profiles when updating.
Updating translations will be an issue. I volunteered to learn the process from
Mechtilde but I got stuck in some bureaucratic permissions (not from
Mechtilde)...

The translations itself are not the main problem, we need to be able to synchronize Pootle and our code in a structured way. The Pootle server needs an update before we can proceed.

Why do you expect profile updating problems?
Maybe because I am always a bit pessimistic? ;-)

But we had reports of profile corruption with every release (esp. on Windows). A lot of code has changed so we need to test it and if we find problems provide a "workaround". 4.2.0 should be a smooth upgrade.

Personally, I had to reset my 4.2.0 profile recently. But that was probably from an extension corruption that happened before Damjan's fix (my extension manager looked totally empty).

Regards,

   Matthias

Best,
Pedro