Hi Arrigo,

Am 14.01.24 um 17:42 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
Hello Matthias, All,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 09:46:57PM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:

Hi Arrigo,

Am 13.01.24 um 21:36 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
Hello All,

Bug 128583 opened [1].

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 11:58:59AM +0100, Matthias Seidel wrote:

Am 13.01.24 um 11:55 schrieb Dick Groskamp:
Works for me on Windows 11. AOO 4.1.15 (Dutch)
Yes, that ttc is distributed with Windows...

Seems to be Linux only? We might cross-check on macOS.
That would be a good idea.
I verified my last config.log on macOS. It says that fontconfig is not
used by that build. This means that the macOS builds are not affected
by this bug.
Good to know!

However, we are blatantly not following the suggestions from the
Fontconfig documentation [2], and we should fix that nevertheless.

The fix seems as easy as adding a single line:
    FcDefaultSubstitute( pTestPattern );
after the instantiation of pTestPattern.

That seems to fix the crash. But then, the "Sitka" font does not seem
to show up in the selectors.
A ttc is not a single font but a font collection.

Maybe we have to add logic for that...
Fontconfig is used to _find_ installed fonts.  If the font does not
show up in the list, it is either not found (that would be
Fontconfig's problem) or not supported (and that's another library's
problem).

Let's fix this crash first.
Great!
It should be fixed in trunk, AOO41X and AOO42X now.

A good candidate for AOO 4.1.16 I guess... ;-)
Heh, sure!

According to Murphy's law, important bugs are found shortly _after_
release, not before... ;-)

After a release is always before a release...

That's why we have AOO41X (AOO4116-dev) open for commits! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Best regards,