These are mostly good suggestions, thanks. Even though we've used the same 
exact email template for years and years and years with no issue nor complaint, 
doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement. And sure, _we_ know that 
the hash is shown on the AOO "splash page" in the app, and is part of the 
source code name itself, doesn't mean that everyone else does.

> On Sep 28, 2026, at 6:49 AM, sebb <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> On Sat, 26 Sept 2026 at 13:27, Jim Jagielski <[email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>> 
>> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community 
>> builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.17-RC1 (Git hash 0x8b0c57b6af) as GA.
>> 
>> These artifacts can be found at:
>> 
>>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.17-RC1/
> 
> There is some missing information needed by reviewers:
> 
> What is the immutable source tag for checking the contents of the
> source artifacts?
> Where is the KEYS file for checking sigs?
> 
> Also, for provenance, some way of immutably identifying the RC is
> needed (an SVN tag is not immutable).
> It needs to be possible to irrefutably tie the published release back
> to the vote.
> 
>> Please cast your vote:
>> 
>> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>>  [ ] yes / +1
>>  [ ] no / -1
>> 
>> My vote is based on:
>>  [ ] binding (member of PMC)
>>  [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>>  [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
> 
> I think the following also need to be checked:
> 
> [ ] I have checked that the LICENSE and NOTICE entries agree with the
> contents of their respective artifacts
> [ ] I have checked that the source archive contents matches the source
> tag, and does not contain any spurious content
> [ ] I have checked that the binary release does not contain additional
> entries that are not AL 2.0 compatible
> 
>> 
>> This vote will be open for 14 days to allow for sufficient time for testing, 
>> review, and voting.
>> --
>> Jim
>>  "Ow, chicka-chicka-ow-- OW! Man, my hat's on fire!"
>>                                - The Spirit of Jazz
>> 
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>
--
Jim
  "This is an outrage!"
                        Tony Harrison

Reply via email to