Hi,

Matthias Benkmann wrote:
Our internal approval process for applications requires that all
calling-home functions can be de-activated. OOos registration dialog
and the dialog that allows to send back debug data after a crash
qualify as calling-home functions (despite the fact that user action
is required to trigger the function).

I'd like to know how we can de-activate the sending back of data in
both cases. The crash recovery should stay, of course, but there
should be no way how a user can cause crash data to be sent back to
openoffice.org. Likewise for the registration, there should be no way
for the user to cause registration data to be sent back to
openoffice.org.  Is this possible?

i understand your requirement and would like to ask if you plan to provide this information to openoffice on a different way. Because the crash report feature helps us to improve the quality and the registration help us to get an impression how often OO is used in the world (market shares -> marketing -> ...) You get a full featured office suite with crash recovery for free, plan a bigger deployment inside your company and you help OpenOffice with ...? Sorry for asking that and go ahead with whatever you plan but maybe you can think about it.

Juergen ;-)

Matthias Benkmann