Hi Kay,

> Sorry for the (may be stupid) question, but why not just change
> OSL_VERIFY to emit nothing, in case OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL == 0? I would expect
> that only weird code would relay on the evaluation in case of a zero
> debug level.

Why "weird"? The alternative is something like
  #if OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL > 0
    bool result =
  #endif
      callSomeFooWhichSignalsSuccess( bar );
    OSL_ENSURE( result, "this was expected to succeed!" );

I definately think that
  OSL_VERIFY( callSomeFooWhichSignalsSuccess( bar ) );
is the better (non-weird) alternative here.

> And these case can probably easily be changed to something
> with "assert" (or ensure).

Please show me the easy (!) replacement of the above OSL_VERIFY :)
Or did I completely misunderstand you and you only suggested to replace
the occurences of OSL_VERIFY( a == b )?

> And when we are on it, what are the differences / purposes between
> - OSL_VERIFY
> - OSL_ENSURE
> - OSL_ASSERT
> ? Couldn't we consolidate to just _one_ macro. E.g. OSL_ENSURE because
> of the passed message?

Oh, while we're at it, let me throw in one of my favourites: Shouldn't
we consolidate the DBG_* and OSL_* diagnostics macros?

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -