Another reason not mentioned is that few compilers complain a lot
about such compact constructs as assignments in if statements, which
leads to another reason why warning-free code is much better (I didn't
see this in the introduction post by Stepahn): What gives warnings on
one Operating System, might *break* on another.

Also I would like to know if Sun Hamburg is interested in warnings
that only come from Mac OS X, or whether community members can work on
that in another cws, etc.?
I ask this because it was said that only Linux, Win32 and Solaris will
be taken care of.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards