Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
>> Hi Frank
>> (tried hard not to put the c)
>
> :) you succeeded :)
>
>> are these helpers usefull to C++ addon developpers
>> if no, you're right that the 'extension'/'addon'/'scripting' project is
>> not the right place
>
> In parts. The ones from cppuhelper/salhelper are part of the SDK, but
> probably also somewhat unknown. However, I think the majority of unknown
> code is above the SDK, in comphelper/unotools/tools/svtools. Parts of
> those might, as Jürgen said, be moved into the SDK if they're considered
> usefull and finalized.

Especially comphelper and ucbhelper classes are good candidates for
moving them to the SDK because they don't use any "tools/vcl" based
code, usually they use only sdk libraries by themselves.

Good examples: MediaDescriptor and EmbeddedObjectContainer in comphelper.

A (maybe unwanted) side effect of moving libraries to the SDK is that
you must be more careful when you change them.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.