Tobias Krais wrote:
Hi Stephan,

Just when I started the sdk Developer Guide for OO2 I experienced
problems with the first application.

First my system information: I use Debian Linux. My IDE is Eclipse. I
installed OpenOffice2 and the OO2 sdk. I use blackdown java 1.4.2.03.

mmmm, never tried if it works with the blackdown java, but normally the
bootstrap mechanism should find a running office instance.

working with OO 1.1.4 and the Java UNO Wrapper from .riess it works. But
now I tried the samen with sun JDK 5. Nothing changes.

unsupported wrapper stuff ;-)

What you could try is

1. ensure that <office_install>/program is in the PATH

I tried:
-----%<-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/openoffice/program
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/lib/openoffice/program
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ eclipse
searching for compatible vm...
  testing /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj...found
-----%<-----
and then I run the application again: nothing changes

2. call your java class with parameter, like
   java -Dcom.sun.star.lib.loader.unopath=/opt/OpenOffice.org/program ..

OK, I added a classpath variable to the project. Variable Name
"OFFICE_HOME" value "/usr/lib/openoffice/program". Then it work. You
suggested the solution.

mmh, that shouldn't be necessary when you have a normal installation on your system. But i don't know if Debian does anything special.

In your first mail you mentioned that you have started your office with
ooffice "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp"

Why is it named ooffice? Is that Debian specific? If yes that is probably the problem. The bootstrap mechansim requires some pre-conditions (e.g. soffice must be in the PATH, a symbolic link is sufficient).

Please can you test to rename ooffice to soffice and insert a symbolic link ooffice -> soffice instead. It would be interesting for me to know if this solves your problem.

Juergen

Thanks a lot! I hope you won't hear too much from me in future :-)

Greetings, Tobias