Hi Kirill,

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 22:45:49 +0400, Kirill S. Palagin wrote:

> I have found reference to Error Report Tool in help, but I do not see
> option to turn reporting on or off. Also double-clicking "crashrep.exe"
> is not producing any visible effect.

Invoking the crash reporter manually (respectively by double-clicking
it) doesn't make much sense. When a crash occurs, stack information is
written to some file (don't know right now where that is located on
Windows) and when the Office then is restartet the next time it offers
to recover files that were open during the crash, and after that the
crash reporter is invoked, if enabled. Whether it is enabled is
configured in <YourOOoPath>/program/bootstrap.ini in the [ErrorReport]
section. If there is no server or port specified, the functionality is
disabled. Which for builds not originating from the openoffice.org
website or its mirrors is the default case, because the infrastructure
needed is missing for other builds.

> Is there special procedure to follow when soffice.bin is stuck at 100%
> CPU usage?

If you kill the Office, the official build should write the crash
information. If it doesn't in your case, then there isn't much you could
do. If the behavior (looping indefinitely) is reproducible under certain
conditions you may file a normal bug report issue, see
http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html
maybe it could be reproduced on other systems too.

  Eike