Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks wrote:

        gtkquickstart2 also has the benefit of disabling the quickstarter in
Sun builds (i#70644#), which (I hope) will solve the problems for
~everyone (except your customers) [ it is now necessary to turn that
off, in the CWS since it changes a string too (wrt. improving the exit
semantics) ].

so you introduced a cool new feature (by surprise to me), and then some people tols you that it's not up to the "normal" procedures to do so, and now you disabled that feature for Sun builds?

I would like you to stand up and fight a little bit more for your feature! Well, fighting is not even necessary, just do not kill the feature because of some complaining mails.

The current state is that I hurried to get the new feature explained in the Help files, and now I must run to revert those changes again?
This is no fun.

And what must a user do to see the new feature if he/she has a Sun build?

Puzzled
Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany