Hi Andrzej,

Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Andrzej Zawadzki wrote:
>> is there any kind of work going on with Ruby binding to UNO?
> None that I am aware of, at least.  Go ahead. :)
If jruby is an option for the interpreter you could make your life
rather easy by taking advantage of Apache BSF (cf.
<http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf>), which allows deploying scripting
languages via Java easily. As the OOo scripting framework is written in
Java you could use that and make jruby available for it. As I have been
successfully employing ooRexx via that infrastructure (and the gamma
version is humming along very nicely) I could point you to the
respective Java programs which you would have to adapt for it. Not a
terrible big job, as you could take over 98% 1:1.

> > If not, were
>> there any attempts on completing such a task? I'm a Ruby/C++
>> programmer and I'd surely like such a binding done in OO. Since I'll
>> have some free time in the next few months I'm wondering whether I
>> could help in such a project.
Again, if JRuby is an option and you are interested in making it
available rather quickly, then drop me a note.

Regards,

---rony