After the styles are burned in the shape they can only be removed
with the 'Format->Default' menu entry on an inserted shape. But then
all formatings are set to default. So its hard to do that afterwards.
It is not really an error so I think it is ok to just use it for
newly created themes.

I don't think we have a script yet and gallery should be reworked
to use xml format sooner or later anyway. I just don't know who will do
that yet.