Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Hi there,

sorry, was away for a week with no access to e-mail, hence my late answer:

[However, the Extension manager on the tools menu does not work
either in this version; it does from the commandline, though, ie.
"unopkg" works there.]
What is broken with the extension manager?
It does not come up (nor in the genuine OOo installation). I have Sun's
Java installed and activated. Will look into this once more to make
sure
that my scripts did not alter the standard installation.
You mean you select "Tools - Extension Manager" but no dialog
appears? That's strange.  It should not have anything to do with
Java.  Probably Joachim Lingner (jl at ooo) is interested in that, as
he maintains the extension manager.
The Extension Manager Dialog is contained in a service. This service
is used when starting the Etension Manager from the Tools menu or when
runngin unopkg gui. You mentioned that unopkg works, does that mean
unopkg add / remove works  and unopkg gui as well ?

O.K. unopkg runs in command line mode, but not in gui mode; running
"unopkg gui" yields:

<ERROR: (com.sun.star.lang.WrappedTargetRuntimeException) { { { Message
= "[context=\"user\"] caught unexpected exception!", Context =
(com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }, TargetException = (any) {
(com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException) { { { { Message = "an
error occured during file opening", Context =
(com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @-4b009aa0 (ImplementationName =
"com.sun.star.comp.ucb.FileContent") }, Classification =
(com.sun.star.task.InteractionClassification) ERROR }, Code =
(com.sun.star.ucb.IOErrorCode) ACCESS_DENIED }, Arguments = ([]any) { {
(com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue) { Name = "Uri", Handle = (long) -1,
Value = (any) {
"file:///home/rony/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/log.txt" },
State = (com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState) DIRECT_VALUE } }, {
(com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue) { Name = "ResourceName", Handle =
(long) -1, Value = (any) {
"/home/rony/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/log.txt" }, State =
(com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState) DIRECT_VALUE } } } } } }

unopkg failed.

Hope that helps, regards,

Hm, if the error message tells the truth, there is some problem accessing that log.txt file. I assume you are on Linux; you could try

  strace -f ./unopkg gui

and grep for log.txt on stderr to see if there are indeed any problems. (If a non-gui "./unopkg list" does not fail, similar data for "strace -f ./unopkg list" would also be interesting.)

-Stephan