On 3/21/07, Oliver Braun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"System" means "import from desktop environment", i.e. you probably have
KDE configured to use a proxy. Why should OOo not use the same proxy as
all your KDE apps ? If other users have not configured a proxy in KDE,
they won't have one in OOo, too.

A frequent problem for us is that the proxy is misconfigured which
causes our custom component (which loads templates from a web server
via loadComponentFromUrl) to fail. Since we don't need access to the
outside world for OOo, we want to disable the proxy completely.
It turns out that editing the Inet.xcu to turn off the proxy is
ineffective under Windows, too. Isn't this a bug? Aren't the config
files in share/registry/... supposed to be consulted by OOo?
Unconditionally forcing a different setting does not seem proper.

This leaves us no choice but to have our component disable the proxy
via UNO API, which of course prevents use of a proxy completely, even
in environments where the proxy is properly configured.

Matthias