Rony G. Flatscher wrote:

> But there must be a mapping available which maps from UNO to C++ as
> otherwise the C++ code would not be invocable via UNO?
Of course: this is the Dispatch API! The UI elements use die Dispatch
API to call a method in a UNO object implementing
com.sun.star.frame.XDispatch. This is the only UNO based call involved.
The implementation of this object only uses pure C++ calls inside,
nothing based on UNO APIs, neither in-process nor remote (urp).

But we are talking about recording "the other" API that an experienced
OOo API developer would use to perform the same task. And this API would
be a completely different one.

If I have some time I will try to put some code snippets into the wiki
that should demonstrate this.

> A reverse mapping
> should be establishable then as well in this case, even if that is a 1:N
> mapping (i.e. a C++ function/method gets invoked from different UNO
> types), it would at least allow for narrowing down the UNO types, and it
> could be possible that from the context one could even narrow them down
> further.

The reverse mapping that we can do is what the current macro recorder
does: all received "dispatch()" calls are recorded.

> Ceterum censeo, macro recording ...
> :)

... esse delendam? ;-)

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".