Oliver Braun wrote:
Stephan Bergmann wrote:
The planned new (OOo 3.0) structures are as follows:

On Unix (Linux, Solaris):
- The URE product still by default will install to /opt/openoffice.org/ure (but only the /opt prefix is relocatable).
- The OOo product by default will install its three layers into
-- /opt/openoffice.org/ure
-- /opt/openoffice.org/basis3.0
-- /opt/openoffice.org3.0
 (where only the /opt prefix is relocatable).
- The StarOffice product, for example, by default will install its three layers into
-- /opt/openoffice.org/ure
-- /opt/openoffice.org/basis3.0
-- /opt/staroffice9
 (where only the /opt prefix is relocatable).

In light of recent events: how will the new directory structure affect LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in the soffice launch script ?

It would be nice to have only a small subset of libraries in the directories added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, especially none of the external. Maybe we create an extra directory (for the purpose of minimizing the number of libs present) and populate it with symbolic links to the real libs ?!

I did a lot of work on CWS sb83 to clean up finding of all sorts of dependent libraries (URE libraries, OOo libraries, external libraries, extensions, ...), on all the various platforms; see the new (APP|SHL)nRPATH stuff.

desktop/scripts/soffice.sh:1.28.34.8 etc. still contain code to mess around with LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc. and PATH (simply because I did not yet touch that code), but it (a) is probably not needed any longer, and (b) probably sets wrong, useless paths (brand vs. basis) anyway---and OOo continues to work for me, at least in "standard" situations.

Let me know of any LD_LIBRARY_PATH related problems, and we can see whether they are already solved on sb83, or do solve them.

-Stephan