Tor Lillqvist escribió:
with the UNO C++ API you can "Write Once, Build Anywhere"

Assuming you have access to a (cross-) toolchain for that elusive Anywhere architecture that your potential customer uses, of course.

with the *elusive* "Anywhere" I meant:
he says he wants to use OOo API, so I understood Cristian does not want to hack OOo source code, just use the API as it is done in the DevGuide and its Java samples. For *this* use, you can use UNO C++ API and the SDK tools to create a client application or an extension just like you do it in OOo Basic, Java, Python, etc. ; write your code, create a make file following the SDK make files, and you can compile using the SDK
environment anywhere the SDK is ported and working.

Unfortunately, for Windows, the only supported compiler one can use for OOo work is Microsoft's. I *think* it should be possible to use
the gratis "Express" edition, though.

once again, assuming Cristian does not want to hack OOo source code, just use the API, the MS Visual C++ Express 2005 works fine with OOo, the new 2008 versions gives me an unsupported compiler.

Cristian, you can find an some old-dated explanation on how to set it here http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SDKInstallation specially in http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SDKInstallation#Other_Windows_Installations_descriptions

Once again, assuming you want to use the API and the SDK, not hack OOo.
If so, I'd suggest you to join the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.