On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 12:28 +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Thursday, 2008-06-19 14:30:09 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>
> > On Windows, the L"..." version should also work, by accident.

> Highly unportable though.

gcc has a -fshort-wchar feature (like mozilla uses) and SunPro has a U""
string option. I've wondered if there would be any advantage to hacking
up some sort of "const_rtl_uString" magic which would implement a
rtl_uString compatible layout string struct that could be initialized
from a L""/U"" string, eliding the rtl_uString constructor for such
const rtl_uStrings enabling them to be stored in the rodata section.
Maybe giving some measurable startup performance advantage.

C.