Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
Hi Terrence,

Terrence Enger escribió:
Contrary to
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_NetBeans_Integration#Configuration>, it did not prompt during installation for Office installation and sdk installation directories. Going in to enter them now ...

Whoops.  I cannot get past message "The selected OpenOffice.org SDK
installation directory is not valid!". This happens for my directories DEV300_m19/sdk_oo
    DEV300_m19_localbuild/sdk_oo
    DEV300_m19_localbuild/opt/sdk_oo
    DEV300_m19_localbuild/opt/openoffice.org3/sdk_oo
where DEV300_m19/ is where I build OOo and DEV300_m19_localbuild/ is
where I installed it.  (Yes, I am reduced to trying things at random.)

Do I need a more recent OOo or sdk?

I'm not sure when the sdk got fixed to work with the new 3-layers-OOo, but in early DEV300_m... didn't work, can't remember about DEV300_m19, I'm testing this on DEV_m29 and works fine.

Now you that you got the plug-in source, did you try to debug it and see what's happening?

Watch in org.openoffice.extensions.config.office.OpenOfficeLocation the methods validateOffice() and validateSDK(), sure this gives you a hint about what's wrong in your environment.

the new 3.0 SDK have to be installed in the office tree under the base layer (opt/openoffice.org/basis3.0/sdk). The reason is that i originally have planned to provide the SDK as an optional office part to simplify the installation and usage. But in the last minute i detect a huge increase of the build time (packaging) because of the huge amount of files.

Anyway it installs exactly in this place if you don't change it manually. Only under windows it is currently not nice (lack of time) because you can easily change the installation directory during the setup. I recommend to use always the suggested directory in the base layer. Under Mac OS X the SDK is still a single package and can be installed somewhere because of the bundle structure.
The whole mechanism will be improved for 3.1.

When you configure in NB such an office installation with installed SDK the plugin detects the SDK automatically. You can't use an old SDK with a new office.

Juergen