Hi OOo Folks,

one or the other may already have heard of a pet project of mine, namely the "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". One important milestone for this effort is becoming an Incubator Project.

Hereby I officially like to announce, that I am heading for [EMAIL PROTECTED] becoming an Incubator Project.

That means that later on I am going to ask you to show your interest and to vote for [EMAIL PROTECTED], this is required as of our policies, please find the details in

  http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/protocols_proposing.html

If you think that this desire is no valid, or otherwise flawed, please reply (either publicly or privately, at your convenience).

To get your interest and hopefully your support, I would like to give the motivation:

"The [EMAIL PROTECTED] project aims to develop companion products for ODF and OpenOffice.org to extend their reach into the WWW. The first planned product is an ODF Wiki, allowing to edit server side ODF documents WYSIWYG with the OpenOffice.org application suite, providing HTML and ODF access via HTTP respectively WebDAV, actually making the WWW as easy editable as classical documents, such as text documents, spreadsheets, presentations or drawings."

I already created some pages in the OOo Wiki around [EMAIL PROTECTED], where you can find all the details, including a screencast and installation instructions for the prototype, please have a look at

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ODF%40WWW

Thanks for listening and support

      Kay

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Kay Ramme
Sachsenfeld 4                   Senior Technical Architect