*Hi,

so far we have got reported almost 40 regression as stopper for 3.1 release, see query
http://tinyurl.com slash cgsm3y .

for 3.0 ( **http://tinyurl.com slash ahkosf ) we had 27 of these issues, for 2.4 (**http://tinyurl.com slash c86n3u** ) we had 23.

we are obviously getting worse and I would like to know about the reasons for this. They are too much issues for me to evaluate the root cause for every single issue so I would like ask the project and qa leads to do an analysis for the root causes and to come with suggestions for avoiding them in the future.

additionally there might be other ideas or suggestions on how to detect and fix those issues earlier in our release process.

From my perspective one reason for the high amount of regression is the high amount of integrated child workspaces short before a feature freeze. In the moment the ITeam (the QA representative) does the nomination before feature freeze. As an immediate action (for the upcoming 3.2 release) from my side I will limit this freedom until 4 weeks before feature freeze, in the last 4 weeks before feature freeze, I or other members from the release status meeting will do the nomination of the cws for the upcoming release or decide to postpone it to the then coming release.
**
Martin
*