There are serious problems, even at a security level, with OpenOffice...

There is no EASY OR STRAIGHTFORWARD WAY to DELETE the entire list of "Recent
Documents".  Documents I no longer care about, I of course delete.
DOCUMENTS REMAIN ON THE "RECENT DOCUMENTS" LIST LONG AFTER THEY'VE BEEN
DELETED (FOR MONTHS, SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  This is a serious
annoyance & could even be considered a serious security flaw on a computer
used by several individuals.

What I want is simple.  Simple enough for me to consider learning some
programming and trying to make the update myself...

There NEEDS TO BE an option, posted right at the top of the "Recent
Documents" list, to "Clear Documents" that will delete the whole recent
documents list, just as easily as opening a document.

The other update that NEEDS TO BE MADE, and should be as simple as a few
lines of code, is to CHECK TO SEE IF THE FILE ACTUALLY EXISTS before listing
in the "Recent Documents"!!!  Nothing "gets my goat" more than seeing
documents that've been deleted MONTHS AGO, still being listed in the "Recent
Documents"...  there needs to be a relatively easy way to entirely DISABLE
the entire Recent Documents list, as well as Delete references ("shortcuts")
to files on the computer..