Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 18:48 +0200, Ivo Hinkelmann wrote:
Hi Eike,

Eike Rathke wrote:
I guess that for building a language pack the OOo source tree would not
be needed anymore, except maybe a few modules, is still a wish for the
far future?
MBA had the idea to move also all resource source files into a own module but we first need to discuss this a bit further ....

On a not-really-semi-related topic, has anyone had a go at e.g.
reseating the subprojects of sdext/swext/sccomp onto using the sdk
makefiles and that sdk provided build-system system and move them out of
the OOo svn project into top-level "independent" projects of their own ?
i've brainstormed a little bit with MBA about aligning the SDK build env with the OO build env. The current gnu make based example build env seems to be simpler on the first look maybe, i am not sure but there is still some complexity in it. I would really like to benefit from a shared tiny config file for the compiler switches and maybe some component specific (well documented) targets.

But not the full blown one, a subset of them but using dmake and some extracted config files. The idea is to make it easier to get started with the SDK only and make it easy possible to include such projects later on in the normal office build.

Sometimes it might be a good idea to include such projects in the normal build and include this components directly in the office. On the other hand it would be nice to have them independent, especially for really specific stuff ...

Anyway we should keep in mind that it should be possible to have everything in one specific module. Think about NB or Eclipse extension projects.

Juergen

C.