Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 09/30/09 10:24, David Tardon wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 04:29:21PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
OOo appears to have support for an --enable-lockdown configure
switch. In the configmgr gconf backend, it enables pulling settings
for various configuration items from gconf.  Is this still relevant,
or is this dead code?  (I am asking because I re-work configmgr and
related code, so would not mind not having to take care of this
specific piece of code...)

-Stephan

Hello Stephan.

Yes, the code is still relevant and working. We use it in Fedora, for
example.

I see.  There is two minor issues I have with it:
Hi Stephan,

1 The gconf backend provides data for a non-existent configuration entry /org.openoffice.Office.Common/Misc/DisableUICustomization. The old configmgr implementation probably just ignores it. Can somebody confirm that this specific item is indeed dead code?
As far as I know this configuration entry is not used by any framework code that I am aware of. OpenGrok also finds only one occurence in gconfbe within DEV300m60. There are other ways to accomplish the task and from my point of view this entry is dead code. I don't know who invented this entry and for what exact purpose. May be someone else can shed some light to this strange issue.

2 The gconf backend provides data for configuration set member properties /org.openoffice.Setup/Office/Factories/com.sun.star.XXX.XXXDocument/ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter, for XXX in Presentation, Spreadsheet, Text. Strictly speaking, this is problematic if some of those components are not installed (like an OOo installation where Impress has deliberately not been installed). The old configmgr implementation probably just ignores those items in such a case. I will need to see how to address that with the new configmgr implementation (see <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Performance/Configuration#Platform_Backends> for the way I intend to modify those platform backends).

-Stephan
Regards,
Carsten