Juergen Schmidt wrote (28-10-2009 15:34)
Cor Nouws wrote:

Taking profit from your discussion with Juergen, I would suggest as main categories:
- Development of OpenOffice.org
- Development with OpenOffice.org
- Marketing
- NLC
- Project
- Wiki

mmh, i am not 100% sure if we should distinguish between developing for or with OOo. We can of course provide a special section that addresses mainly the programming from outside (means macros and extensions) but in general i would not differentiate from the beginning. Many things are the same.

As long as it is easy to follow for people working with extensions and macro's, it's fine to me.

From an API perspective it's the same. Our API should be and is used internally as well. Keep in mind "one and the same API everyhwere".

That currently the API is put on top of a longer existing implementation is just an implementation detail ;-) Building functional blocks and combine them via clear defined interfaces ... Ok i know it is a little bit philosophic but that was and i hope still is the main idea behind UNO and the component technology.

With ongoing modularization this becomes hopefully even more obvious.

Few remarks:
- currently, Documentation is both main category and sub category of Project.
- currently Performance is both under Development and Project.
- API, Extensions should be under "Development with OpenOffice.org"
as long as we have this project view it's fine, it provides just a further way to this categories. But see my comments above ...

and see Bjoerns remarks on this in the other mail, etc.

Best,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws